Thursday, November 14, 2013

EO - Year One

The first time I heard about EO, Entrepreneurs' Organization (a little over 12 months ago) I couldn’t believe that an organisation like that existed and that I had never heard of it. A year, 11 forums and a retreat later and I don’t know what I’d have done without it. 

For me the idea of forum, a group of strangers who become confidants and supporters, honest and upfront, trusting and also reliant seemed a little confronting but was also something I knew I needed. My day to day work sees me sitting in an office, alone, without the interaction and stimulation that I thrive on. No contemporaries to bounce ideas off no group idea generation. 


This is why the forum has been most rewarding. Each of us brings ideas, concepts, thoughts and feelings together once a month. We each become willing spectators (albeit with the ability of be a bit hands on) in each other journeys. 


For the past year my forum, Moso, have been involved with my journey rolling out the tech startup Woojer


No one in my forum had been involved with a tech start-up before, but the nature of EO means that it’s not an issue. Many experiences in business and life are similar and these common goals or understandings can be shared and knowledge transferred. Dealing with key stake holders, marketing, publicity, financial matters, stresses (and how to deal with them) to name a few.


Last week I made the spur of the moment decision to go to LA for the launch of Woojer. The first people I told were Moso. Making the decision to go has huge for me. It was so exciting and I know Moso were just as excited for my journey as I was.



Woojer is a personal subwoofer. 

Music lovers: the device makes you feel like you are physically at a concert. 

Gamers: it allows you to feel like you are physically a part of a game, feeling bullets, concussive blasts of explosions, people sneaking up behind you or any other sensory gaming experience. 


The hearing impaired: It gives anyone with low or no hearing the chance to enjoy a more sensory experience of the world around them.




We've received some great press from the likes of Forbes and All Things D

1 comment: